Friday 30 April 2010

March was quite a busy month. Me and my partner in crime, Tom have a little deal going on, I know I should be concentrating on setting up my own business but at the minute I'm focusing on our last brief as second years so there isn't much time left for my own business plans. Luckily Tom has already set up his little from home illustration business which gives me lots of practice for when it comes to doing it myself. Our deal is he draws, prints, gets designy and I do everything else which includes selling his work, coming up with ideas to improve sales, running his shop, customer relations, money etc. It's lovely because I'm getting a better idea of how I will run my business without actually having to do it at the minute. Anyway we had two events to look forward to, the first being Limn which is a monthly live illustration night at Nation of Shopkeepers. Being the launch night we weren't sure what to expect and turned up with sketchbooks, pens, shirts and prints to sell. I think there were some problems with one of the events' organisers not showing up so whilst Tom was doodling I was put in charge of the stall which is always fun. They asked if I wanted to do something but cider had gotten the better of me and I didn't have anything prepared so declined. Which I regret now but I think the offer still stands for the future so I'd like to get my turn at some point. Anyway, it was a good night if not a bit messy. But you can't really go wrong with a projector and a good bar. 

On the same night but earlier in the evening it was the opening night of The Red & the White exhibition. It was a nice little space and a good crowd turned out. Thank you to Ben for sorting it all out and to Ian for taking some nice photos. 


No comments:

Post a Comment